The RFL 2014 Community Raffle

By Web Editor

Have you won a trip to Australia?

Super League's Leeds Rhino Ambassadors James Roby and Paul Sculthorpe were on hand to draw the 2014 Community Game Raffle.

The St Helens and England hooker and double Man of Steel winner are both Rhino Ambassadors and called in at Langtree Park to pick out the winning tickets.

Andy Wall – who bought his lucky ticket from local club Bradford Dudley Hill – claimed first prize and can now look forward to a trip to the 2015 NRL Grand Final in Australia.

Almost 43,000 tickets were sold for this year’s raffle with 70% of the funds raised kept by the clubs and schools who sold the tickets. The other 30% goes to Rugby League Cares, where it is ring-fenced for the grants programme, feeding it back into the community game.

Thanks must go to our sponsors, Rhino Rugby; to Aladdin’s Cave Fancy Dress for donating the props, Saints RLFC for hosting the draw and to the wonderful volunteers for all the time they have given to this great cause.

The full list of winners is:

1ST PRIZE
Andy Wall (ticket no. 001365)
A trip for 2 to the 2015 NRL Grand Final in Australia, plus £500 spending money

2ND PRIZE
Petrov Brown (ticket no. 013359)
A weekend for 2 in Edinburgh, including rail fares and a VIP meal for 2 at the Hard Rock Cafe, plus £100 spending money

3RD PRIZE
S Ashworth (ticket no. 098654)
The ultimate season ticket for 2, to 4 major events in 2015 and a VIP meal for 2 at the Hard Rock Cafe

4TH PRIZE
Damian Newell (ticket no. 072495)
A Hewlett Packard laptop and Alcatel Touch Star phone

5TH PRIZE
Sue Mellor (ticket no. 072773)
4 tickets to any Leeds Rhinos First Utility Super League home game and 4 tickets to a Yorkshire t20 Blast Cricket match

Hampshire Youth Rugby League newsletter

Keep up-to-date with our exclusive email newsletters.

Subscribe